Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas in Plains: Memories

I received Christmas in Plains as a gift and it has been on my shelves for a couple years. I finally picked it up this holiday season and read it. It was a very nice collection of stories from President Carter's life - all the way from when he was a little boy to his years in the White House to the nineties.

I had the opportunity to meet President Carter a couple times through my media relations position with Habitat for Humanity in 2003. So for me, it was fun to read this prose knowing exactly the tone and personality that President Carter would have if he read this aloud.

To recap:

Worth Reading? No

Recommend to a Friend? No...not really unless you're a Carter fan

Worth Buying My Own Copy? No - Use your local library

Stars: 3 out of 5

No comments: