Thursday, December 31, 2009

Books I Read in 2009

In November 2008 I got sucked into reading the Twilight books by Stephenie Meyer. I truly believe that three weeks of my life went into a black hole. I was a zombie and all I wanted to do was to read, read, read. Fortunately, I snapped out of the funk and began realizing I had a family and responsibilities and began functioning somewhat normally again.

People argue whether the Twilight books are good or bad. I took them for what they were worth...young adult fiction that was a breeze and blast to read. What I am gratful for is that reading the Twilight series reawakened a love for reading again. I truly think I was burnt out on reading from college and just couldn't bring myself to read because I equated it with boring subjects. Twilight taught me again that reading can be fun. Thus, I began a new reading journey in 2009.

My goal was to read 25 books and I'm pleased as punch that I accomplished my goal! The books are mainly fiction with a few Christian non-fiction books sprinkled in. (And as I reflect on the list maybe a bit too many Nicholas Sparks' books in hindsight!) I would like to read 75 books in 2010. I'll keep you posted on that challenge as the year progresses.

2009 Books I Read
1. Graceling - Favorite
6. The Hunger Games - Favorite
8. Fireflies in December - Favorite
9. Crazy Love - Favorite (Christian NF)
11. Twilight (reread from 2008...I was bored...couldn't sleep)
12. The Irresistible Revolution - Christian NF - it will leave your head spinning for a few weeks
13. Pemberley - Hated
14. Jane Austen Ruined My Life - Too predictable
15. Dreamhunter - Favorite
16. Dead Until Dark- Hated
17. The Air I Breathe - Book for my Theology of Worship class
20. Fire
24. Forgotten God - Favorite (my review)
26. Secrets of the Secret Place - Christian NF (great devotional)

2 comments:

Trollololol said...

I have never read a Nicholas Sparks book... I may have to check him out!

Personally I liked the Host much more than the Twilight series!

I just found your blog via J. Kaye. I'm new to blogging myself and if you're interested you can see my blog here.

~Aye.Me?

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I've never read Nicholas Sparks either. I'm not feeling him though (based on reviews I've read.)