Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Doing Double Duty

Okay...I usually try not to start reading two books at a time, but I got stuck doing that the next two weeks. I'm an avid fan of utilizing the local library for a number of reasons.
  1. They are great resources. (Obvious) There's a book just about on any topic you need at the library.
  2. They are free (for the most part if you get items returned on time.)
  3. They are awesome places to study or work.
  4. It's more "green" to check out books rather than buying them. (Sorry...I usually don't reread books so I don't see the point in buying them unless its one I absolutely love.)
I had put "Forgotten God" by Francis Chan on my list request for my local library on Friday. I thought it would be a week or two before it was my turn to read it as it is a new book. WRONG. They emailed on Monday saying the book was in. The rotten part is that I only have 14 days to read the book.

A few days prior I started reading "The Sound and the Fury" by William Faulkner. This is a TOUGH read...but I vowed to my boss (who gave me the book as a Christmas gift last year) that I would read it before Christmas this year.

So the task ahead of me...read "Forgotten God" in the next week and a half. Read the impossibly difficult "The Sound and the Fury" before December 25. Wish me luck!

No comments: